Welcome to Salt & Water
Effective June 1, 2021
Scope of Policy
This private policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information that you provide to us when using the Website as well as our privacy practices.
Contact and Account Information
Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, username, password and any other contact and/or Account information that you provide us either through our Website, our events or in-store.
Service Provider Information
Information about the mobile or internet service provider you are using with your device to access the Website and/or send us messages, including name and IP address.
Credit/debit card and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, billing addresses and CVV codes
Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall and adhere to GDPR legislation. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement at www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
When you use a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, Shopify stores your credit card data. Payments on our site are processed using Stripe a secure and trusted online payment gateway. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
How we use the information we collect
- to authenticate and verify individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy.
- to manage and communicate with you about your account with us, including responding to your questions and providing customer or technical support.
- to provide information about our company such as newsletters or other communications, and to deliver advertising and promotional information from our partners and third party vendors.
- for the purposes of processing payments and fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you, processing your request to use our interest-free payment plans and order fulfillment and tracking.
- for statistical purposes.
- to publish feedback, personal testimonials, and other information in our editorial publications and online articles.
- to improve our technologies including for the purpose of enhancing your experience on the Website.
- to provide marketing messages, promotions, offers of products and services and other content which we think will be of specific interest to you, where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable).
- to manage and secure our operations including for detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services; and auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities.
- to enforce our agreements and policies
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Use of Web Technologies
Salt and Water is based in the United States, with our servers and offices headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Website, an Account, or any services provided by us will be processed and transferred to, and be subject to the laws of, the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States will be different from similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Website or an Account, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and within the United States. If our cookies or other software detects IP addresses located in a country outside the United States, we reserve the right to deny access to any and all of our services.
If you are in the EU, you have certain additional rights and protections under the law regarding the collection and processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EU, we will collect and process your personal data:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and fulfillment of the goods you have ordered);
- When we have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your personal data in order for us to run a successful commercial organization (e.g. to communicate with you about updates regarding your order, to advertise products to specifically tailored for you, and send you updates to this policy);
- Where you have given your consent (e.g. to market products to you, to use Location Information) – please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com; or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Our Products & Service
Our Products are sold subject to their product descriptions. We take care that these are as accurate as possible but occasionally they may contain inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Likewise these may affect promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. As such all of the information on this website, including product descriptions, may not always be accurate when you place an order. In such cases we will try and contact you to resolve the issue but we reserve the right to: correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions; change or update information; withdraw the produce from sale or cancel orders without prior notice. We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. From time to time we may change the design and specification of our products, and product descriptions and prices are subject to change without notice. We may also withdraw products from sale without notice. We try and deliver the best service we can but occasionally we may need to take the site offline for maintenance or updates.
Medical, Nutrition and Fitness Information
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL MEDICAL, NUTRITION AND FITNESS INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL TEXT, PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES, ILLUSTRATIONS, GRAPHICS, AUDIO, VIDEO AND AUDIO-VIDEO CLIPS, AND OTHER MATERIALS, WHETHER PROVIDED BY SALT and WATER OR BY OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES, IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF (i) THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS